Desktop Support Technician
|Location:||Port Washington, NY|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Global Industrial is a growing subsidiary of Systemax Inc., a Fortune 1000 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. For over 60 years, we've been a leader in the direct marketing of private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies in North America. We carry over 600,000 products that are sold through our website, email campaigns, corporate relationships, affiliate marketing, telemarketing, special promotions and full-color catalogs.|
|Duties:||• Installing and maintaining desktop hardware and software.|
• Creating, updating, and closing calls in the IT helpdesk call tracking system.
• Troubleshooting end-user problems at the desktop, backing up user data and re-imaging systems.
• User account administration in active directory.
• Developing operating instructions and support documentation as needed.
• Provide the next level escalation point for incoming calls which are unable to be resolved through the IT Helpdesk telephone or remote desktop solutions.
• Configure and maintain PC desktops, laptops, local printers, network printers, peripheral devices, and associated software.
• Research and resolve technically oriented user problems.
• Communicate resolutions to appropriate users and IT staff.
• Must follow up on escalated or prolonged calls with the end-user as well as the IT staff involved.
• Performs product (hardware/software/services) evaluations and make determinations regarding the repair or replacement or hardware and software.
• Install, test, and troubleshoot computer hardware and software components through the use of procedures, instruments, and diagnostic software.
• Complete routine hardware and software maintenance and other activities.
• Instruct system users on basic application and personal productivity software functions in an informal setting.
• Perform administrative tasks on the print server, and ensure end-user connectivity.
• Resolve hardware failures, perform routine maintenance tasks, and adjust printer configuration settings.
|Qualifications:||• May require an associate's degree or its equivalent and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.|
• Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.