MS SQL Server - Oracle Developer
|Location:||Port Washington, NY|
|Benefits:||Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Global Industrial is a growing subsidiary of Systemax Inc., a Fortune 1000 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. For over 60 years, we've been a leader in the direct marketing of private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies in North America. We carry over 600,000 products that are sold through our website, email campaigns, corporate relationships, affiliate marketing, telemarketing, special promotions and full-color catalogs.|
• This is a MS SQL Server and Oracle Developer role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization.
• Develop and implement BI projects, reports and packages using SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL and Microsoft database tools.
• Overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies.
• It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
• Experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL and Microsoft database tools.
• Optimize SSIS/SSRS/SSAS code performance and processing methods.
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of the data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
• Experience specializing in transforming XML, Flat files, or other delimited formats into RDBMS
• Define, develop, document and maintain SSIS/SSRS packages, packages configuration and logging,
• Define, develop, document and maintain procedural and SQL programs
• Provide input into standards and best practices for code development - preferred.
• Experience in Database Administration in SQL Server ( 2005 and 2008 )
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues - preferred
• Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools - preferred .
• SQL Development -- ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) in both SQL Server and Oracle.
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures
• BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred
• Has 5+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server environments.
• SQL Server 2005/2008
• SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL and Microsoft database tools.
• Relational modeling
• Dimensional modeling
• Dimensional data
• Experience with parallel processing/partitioning in SSIS
• Bachelor's Degree
• Database Administration
• Database Tuning
• Database Management
• Database Security
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.