|Location:||Port Washington, NY|
|Benefits:||Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Global Industrial is a growing subsidiary of Systemax Inc., a Fortune 1000 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. For over 60 years, we've been a leader in the direct marketing of private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies in North America. We carry over 750,000 products that are sold through our website, email campaigns, corporate relationships, affiliate marketing, telemarketing, special promotions and full-color catalogs.|
|Duties:||• Installs, configures, and maintains UNIX operating systems.
• Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system's servers, hardware, applications, and software.
• Detects, diagnoses, and reports UNIX related problems on servers. |
|Qualifications:||• 5 years of experience as a Unix/Linux Administrator.
• 3 years of experience on a web-based application using a 3-tier architecture.
• Environments with Internet Browsers, Web Servers, Weblogic Server and Oracle Database Server.
• Proficiency in Ant, unix Scripts.
• Experience with UNIX administration and programming, SSH, Telnet, FTP, shell scripts and job scheduling.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to work independently. Work with a team of developers on a variety of systems covering multiple platforms.
• Must have knowledge of EMC storage preferably the CX / VNXseries.
• Familiar with Enterprise Hosting Services a plus.
• Veritas Net Backup software a plus.
• Cisco UCS / HP servers a plus.|
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.