|Location:||Port Washington, NY|
|Benefits:||Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Global Industrial, a subsidiary of Systemax Inc., a Fortune 1000 company, is recognized by customers and vendors alike as the leading direct marketer of industrial equipment. With over 40 full-color catalogs in multiple languages, extensive sales efforts, and comprehensive support services, Global Industrial has exciting opportunities for professionals.|
|Duties:||• Primarily responsible for establishing new vendor-vendee relationships for material handling, electro-mechanical, storage and shelving, and construction-based product lines. |
• Analyze business (high volume, multiple categories) to determine product trends, and design products to create an exclusive product line.
• Assist with building strong relationships while negotiating with vendors on availability, product specs, distribution, delivery deadlines and pricing, all fundamental aspects of the job, geared toward maximizing the company's profits and surpassing margin goals.
• Demonstrate proven ability to build upon new and pre-existing product categories in tune with merchandising strategies that grow sales and maximize profitability.
• Assist with sourcing to identify new items/trends within industrial equipment product lines.
|Qualifications:||• 3 + years of industrial product buying experience|
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Merchandising and/or Marketing
• Must demonstrate strong negotiation and communication skills
• Must be proactive, resourceful and independent
• Has keen attention to details, while effectively managing deadlines
• Demonstrates high proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
Preferences: negotiating and sourcing
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.