Senior Software Architect
|Location:||Port Washington, NY|
|Benefits:||Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Global Industrial www.globalindustrial.com is a growing subsidiary of Systemax Inc. www.systemax.com, a Fortune 1000 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. For 60 years, we've been a leader in the direct marketing of private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies in North America. We carry over 750,000 items and products that are sold through our website, email campaigns, corporate relationships, affiliate marketing, telemarketing, special promotions and full-color catalogs.|
|Duties:||• Design and architect large scale Ecommerce Application.|
• Takes a company's business strategy and defines an IT systems architecture to support that strategy.
• Analyze and design technology approaches and develop global architectures and technology solutions.
• Evaluates emerging technologies and standards for impact on Customer.
• Performs the role of technical lead for large application development projects.
• Provide guidance and technical direction to team members, including training materials and presentations on relevant products and/or technologies.
• Review, recommend, and provide corrective action plans as required from a technical perspective.
|Qualifications:||• 10+ years of total experience with |
• 6+ years of experience as an Architect.
• Ecommerce experience a must.
• Strong client communication and facilitation skills.
• Ability to work in a complex client environment involving multiple parties; ability to resolve challenging dependencies.
• Develop technical architecture and specifications.
o J2EE Frameworks – Spring/Hibernate, Web Services, EJB3, etc.
o Application Server – WebLogic, JBoss
o Strong knowledge on implementing Enterprise Application Security
o Good DB knowledge, including Oracle
o Knowledge of the following would be a plus: .NET, cloud computing, mobile technologies, caching technologies