|Location:||Port Washington, NY|
|Benefits:||Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Global Industrial is a growing subsidiary of Systemax Inc., a Fortune 1000 company listed on the New York Stock Exchange. For over 60 years, we've been a leader in the direct marketing of private label and brand name industrial equipment and supplies in North America. We carry over 750,000 products that are sold through our website, email campaigns, corporate relationships, affiliate marketing, telemarketing, special promotions and full-color catalogs.|
|Duties:||• This is an Oracle Developer role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. |
• Overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies.
• It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
• Experience with SQL Loader tool.
• Be able to analyze source data from external source and provide mapping to existing predefined tables structure.
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to review/analyze/debug existing code and explain reason for code failure or misprocessing.
• Optimize code performance and processing methods.
• Understanding locking issues and knowing methods how to avoid/reduce them.
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of the data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
• Experience specializing in transforming XML, Flat files, or other delimited formats into RDBMS
• Define, develop, document and maintain procedural and SQL programs
• Provide input into standards and best practices for code development - preferred.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues - preferred
• Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools - required.
• SQL Development -- ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) in both Oracle (required) and SQL Server (preferred)..
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures
|Qualifications:||• BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred|
• Has 5+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server 8environments.
• Oracle 10, 11.
• Relational modeling
• Dimensional modeling
• Dimensional data
• Bachelor's Degree
• Database Administration
• Database Tuning
• Database Management
• Database Security