|Location:||Port Washington, NY|
|Benefits:||Paid time off, 401k, Medical & Dental coverage and much more.|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Systemax Inc. is a Fortune 1000 company, recognized by customers and vendors alike as the leading direct marketer of computer and industrial equipment. With over 40 full-color catalogs in multiple languages, extensive sales efforts, and comprehensive support services, Systemax has exciting opportunities for professionals.|
|Duties:||• This is an Oracle Developer role largely responsible for providing operational database services to the organization. |
• Overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment and implementation of new technologies.
• It is extremely important to the company that on-line processing database systems offer the highest reliability and performance possible.
• Experience with SQL Loader tool.
• Be able to analyze source data from external source and provide mapping to existing predefined tables structure.
• Strong analytical skills. Ability to review/analyze/debug existing code and explain reason for code failure or misprocessing.
• Optimize code performance and processing methods.
• Understanding locking issues and knowing methods how to avoid/reduce them.
• Ensure accuracy and integrity of the data and applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation and problem resolution.
• Experience specializing in transforming XML, Flat files, or other delimited formats into RDBMS
• Define, develop, document and maintain procedural and SQL programs
• Provide input into standards and best practices for code development - preferred.
• Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues - preferred
• Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools - required.
• SQL Development -- ability to write and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procs, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints) in both Oracle (required) and SQL Server (preferred)..
• Documentation skills for processes and procedures
|Qualifications:||• BE or BS Degree in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field preferred|
• Has 5+ years of experience in database development and support in MS SQL Server 8environments.
• Oracle 10, 11.
• Relational modeling
• Dimensional modeling
• Dimensional data
• Bachelor's Degree
• Database Administration
• Database Tuning
• Database Management
• Database Security
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.